Dinalpin Chassis Questions

Forum dédié aux Grand-Mères, Alpine A106, A108
Forum dedicated 'Grandmothers', Alpine A106, A108
Répondre
TonyBrooks
Pilote novice
Pilote novice

Dinalpin Chassis Questions

I would appreciate any advice as I slowly dismantle my Berlinette.

The first photo shows the steering arm - I see that Mecaparts sell an adjustable version but the attachment to the steering rack in their catalogue appears different - any suggestions on alternatives?

This photo shows a bracket on the chassis - what is it for as it doesn't seem to have any purpose. Could it be the handbrake fixing (not that I have one fitted!). Additionally why does the central tube have two forward facing holes?

Finally I am trying to remove the bolt from the top front wishbone - to access the nut I had to cut a hole in the foot well of the body - is it a question of just hitting the bolt hard with a suitable drift?

I am fortunate in that my chassis is rust free apart from a light dusting of surface corrosion.

Thanks
DinalpinA110
Pilote
Pilote

Re: Dinalpin Chassis Questions

Hi Tony , the bracket at the front of the chassis is for the horns.The two holes seem to be for water pipes for a front mounted radiator.My Dinalpin was welded plate wit no holes.
Hope that was of help.
Dave
Bravehart69
Pilote
Pilote

Re: Dinalpin Chassis Questions

Hello Tony,
I have also installed the steering arms from Mecaparts, they are a straight swap. You only nee to unscrew the old connection part for the arem from the steering rack also. Then the new arms can be connected to the steering rack very easy. All hardware for it is included. As you said it is adjustable without having to remove the arm as it is with the original design.

Regards
Robert
Répondre

Retourner vers « Grand-Mères : Alpine A106, A108, GT4 et autres »