Le premier tour sur Nürburgring en 2021 avec une petite modifié A110 (2x video) + Misha Charoudin Vlog

Parlons Modificatins et Upgrades
Talk about Technical changes
Répondre
Franzino
Pilote
Pilote

Le premier tour sur Nürburgring en 2021 avec une petite modifié A110 (2x video) + Misha Charoudin Vlog

- Ressorts Life 110 + géo spécifique Life 110 (fait par Manthey Racing Nürburgring)
- Les plaquettes Pagid RS-29
- Pneus A110S
- Moteur Stock A110

Ce suis une petite moment dans la vlog de Misha Charoudin avec L’ Alpine (3.25min - 5.30min) ;)

Jérôme P.
Pilote expert
Pilote expert

Re: Le premier tour sur Nürburgring en 2021 avec une petite modifié A110 (2x video) + Misha Charoudin Vlog

Nice driving, but...no helmet ???
I know it's not mandatory on the 'Ring...but... :thinking:
Franzino
Pilote
Pilote

Re: Le premier tour sur Nürburgring en 2021 avec une petite modifié A110 (2x video) + Misha Charoudin Vlog

Jérôme P. a écrit : 20-juin-2021 23:42 Nice driving, but...no helmet ???
Actually; In the past I used to wear a helmet on tourist drives also. I stopped doing this after I did some research and talked with some regular TF ring drivers. Now I only wear a helmet on track days (were it is also mandatory). Do some research and you will come to the same conclusion as me. Also look at frequent Nurburgring drivers (and instructors) like Misha Charoudin & Robert Mitchell and why they don't wear helmets on Tourist Days on Nürburgring. Robert even made a YT video about it at one point I think.

I don't know if you are aware but on the ring (tourist drives) you can not wear a helmet with a HANS system (it's forbidden). Wearing a normal helmet without a HANS system can do more damage to your boddy/neck on impact then wearing no helmet at all. This is of course in a street car without a roll cage or interior track modifications. The impact systems (airbags, etc) of a street car are designed to protect drivers not wearing a helmet and wearing the normal 3 point seatbelt...wearing a helmet can make these systems work (protect) less efficient then designed and have the risk to put even bigger damage on your neck with a big impact. If you are indeed driving a stripped out race car with no airbags and a roll cage that can damage your head, then yes indeed wear a helmet (with a HANS system) always when you are driving this kind of race car...but then you also need a 6 point harness to make it real safe.

Also; only use a 6 point harness if you have all of the following things listed: A roll cage; a HANS device, and a helmet. The problem with using the harness, HANS and helmet (even if it was allowed), is that if the car rolls, and the roof gets a hard impact (with no roll cage) then you will be stuck in your locked in position and your head/body will be crushed. With the standard 3 point seatbelt your head/body is more free to move around.

Hope this explains it more clearly why I don't wear a helmet on public tourist days on Nürburgring and that it also brings some awareness to people that normal helmets (without HANS system) are not the safest thing in the world (for your neck) in a normal street car. The neck is the weakest part of the body, protect it. I'd rather hit my head than break my neck.
Jérôme P.
Pilote expert
Pilote expert

Franzino a écrit : 21-juin-2021 00:12
Jérôme P. a écrit : 20-juin-2021 23:42 Nice driving, but...no helmet ???
Actually; In the past I used to wear a helmet on tourist drives also. I stopped doing this after I did some research and talked with some regular TF ring drivers. Now I only wear a helmet on track days (were it is also mandatory). Do some research and you will come to the same conclusion as me. Also look at frequent Nurburgring drivers (and instructors) like Misha Charoudin & Robert Mitchell and why they don't wear helmets on Tourist Days on Nürburgring. Robert even made a YT video about it at one point I think.

I don't know if you are aware but on the ring (tourist drives) you can not wear a helmet with a HANS system (it's forbidden). Wearing a normal helmet without a HANS system can do more damage to your boddy/neck on impact then wearing no helmet at all. This is of course in a street car without a roll cage or interior track modifications. The impact systems (airbags, etc) of a street car are designed to protect drivers not wearing a helmet and wearing the normal 3 point seatbelt...wearing a helmet can make these systems work (protect) less efficient then designed and have the risk to put even bigger damage on your neck with a big impact. If you are indeed driving a stripped out race car with no airbags and a roll cage that can damage your head, then yes indeed wear a helmet (with a HANS system) always when you are driving this kind of race car...but then you also need a 6 point harness to make it real safe.

Also; only use a 6 point harness if you have all of the following things listed: A roll cage; a HANS device, and a helmet. The problem with using the harness, HANS and helmet (even if it was allowed), is that if the car rolls, and the roof gets a hard impact (with no roll cage) then you will be stuck in your locked in position and your head/body will be crushed. With the standard 3 point seatbelt your head/body is more free to move around.

Hope this explains it more clearly why I don't wear a helmet on public tourist days on Nürburgring and that it also brings some awareness to people that normal helmets (without HANS system) are not the safest thing in the world (for your neck) in a normal street car. The neck is the weakest part of the body, protect it. I'd rather hit my head than break my neck.
Makes sense, and I agree with some of your points, although some others are still debatable in my opinion.
Thanks anyway for taking the time to explain ! :drink:
Franzino
Pilote
Pilote

Jérôme P. a écrit : 23-juin-2021 00:19 Makes sense, and I agree with some of your points, although some others are still debatable in my opinion.
When driving Formula Ford then ofcourse I wear a helmet and HANS, but that is a totally different story then tourist drives with a street car on Nürburgring ;)

Franzino
Pilote
Pilote

Jérôme P. a écrit : 23-juin-2021 00:19 Makes sense, and I agree with some of your points, although some others are still debatable in my opinion.
Again the reason why I don’t wear a helmet (without HANS) on Touristenfahrten anymore (15.30min):

OliveCSL
Pilote pro
Pilote pro

I did not looked until today your video with Misha. Congrats ! :drink:

I was watching this morning his feedback concerning the both Caymans crashes. I can fully nderstand his point of view and his with to stop the laps with people he does not know.
Alpine A110 S - Toit carbone - Jantes Fuchs PE - Étriers Jaunes - Châssis Life 110 - Palettes MP Rezeau - Grille Homemade
Insta : Olive_A110S
Répondre

Retourner vers « Alpine A110 NG - Modifications, upgrades »