Inner Headlamps

Forum dédié aux Alpine A110
Forum dedicated to Alpine A110
Répondre
Christopher Marsden
Pilote novice
Pilote novice

Inner Headlamps

Apologies for what may seem a simple question but are the inner headlights (longue portées) meant to illuminate along with the full beam on the headlamps?

Don't go out much in the dark so have had no real need to use them. However, I am confused by the wiring diagram I have for the car which appears to show the inner headlights wired to a separate dashboard switch and warning light.

They are not working at present. I appear to have a relay for them, marked driving lamps. There is a 12V supply at terminal 30 as soon as the battery master switch is operated, but no feed between terminals 86 and 85. Cannot find any blown fuses so wondering if the lighting switch is at fault........or something else!

Thanks
Gouffy56
Pilote semi-pro
Pilote semi-pro

Re: Inner Headlamps

Without your wiring diagram, difficult to state. However, testing a switch with a controler is piece of cake.
What I can do if it may help is sending you my wiring diagram , providing you give me an email address by private message here, the attached eXcel file being around 2.4 MB.
A110 1600 SX 1977 - MG B 1971
PhL
Pilote expert
Pilote expert

The inner headlights always have their own switch on the dashboard.
Cioran "N'a de conviction que celui qui n'a rien approfondi" Convaincu ?
« Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers » — Colin McRae
MBriand
Pilote amateur
Pilote amateur

This is correct,
On the original wiring diagram, the "Inner headlights" are driven by a dedicate switch Ref 44 (connected to the relay Ref 14, through wire D17). And this switch 44 can energize the Inner headlights relay only when the headlamps are ON (I think this is regulatory), since it is feeded by the D11 wire, connected to same output as D13 on the Avercodir.
(Same diagram using switch 45 and relay 15, to drive the optionnal fog lamps)
Vous n’avez pas les permissions nécessaires pour voir les fichiers joints à ce message.
A110 1300VC (1974) - 4CV Affaire (1961)
Christopher Marsden
Pilote novice
Pilote novice

Thanks everyone I've sorted it. My own fault when rebuilding the car, the labelling put on the wires was the wrong way round and that put on the the fog lamps was put on the switch for the inner headlights. Now resolved with a new switch and working perfectly although one of the bulbs had blown. Quite an old bulb not fitted by me and the incorrect wattage.

Thanks again.
Répondre

Retourner vers « Alpine A110 »