A110 gear lever and handbrake

Forum dédié aux Alpine A110
Forum dedicated to Alpine A110
Répondre
Chris Marsden

A110 gear lever and handbrake

Hi,

I am restoring an A110 1600S.

When I bought my car there were many pieces missing. I have therefore no idea where the handbrake mechanism (commande de frein a main) fits on the rear crossmember. I can find no details of the arrangement in any manuals or articles on the Berlinette. Most magazines always seem to miss out important details like this whenever they feature restoration projects.

Also, how does the gearleve arrangement work, e.g. where does the (blocage marche arriere) fit and how does it work?

Can anyone help with a drawing or photos etc?

Thank you.
Tim Moores

Re: A110 gear lever and handbrake

Chris
The handbrake mechanism that fits on top of the gearbox and the rear cables for the standard brakes, 1300VC - 1600VC is shown on sheet 58.03 of the A110 parts manual.

I also have pictures of the gearbox as does Chris Rabbets.

Please send me an SAE and I will photocopy the pages for you.

Tim Moores, A110 Registrar, Club Alpine GB
Chris Marsden

Tim,

Many thanks for your reply to my message. Apologies for taking so long to get back to you.

I have page 58.03 from the parts manual (PR871 & 992), but this does not help in locating where the hanbrake mechanism actually sits in the car.

I am re-assembling the engine/gearbox and rear suspension unit at present and will be installing this in the car shortly. Obviously, it would be useful to be able to identify where this mechanism sits before re-fitting.

With regard to the gear lever arrangement, page 58.18 (PR871), the reverse shift lock clearly sits on the driver's side of the transmission tunnel, but the parts manual shows what appears to be a spacer (part No. 60 00 001 286) between the bottom plate and the lock unit thereby raising it above the bottom plate, with the use of longer bolts. There are a couple of pictures in the Descombes book "Alpine Label Bleu", but the colour plate which shows a complete A110 chassis is not clear enough to understand the arrangement of these parts.

Chris Marsden
Robert Lee

Chris.
I had the same problem when re-assembling my 1600S.
If you look on the rear cross-member you will see 2 holes drilled on the front flange, on the right hand side. The distance between the 2 holes matches 2 of the mounting holes of the triangular handbrake mechanism plate. You should have 2 small aluminium brackets (35mm x 15mmx5mm thick) with 2 holes in them. They attach between the triangular plate and the cross member. The 3rd mounting point is attached to the side gearbox mount via a piece of 3mm plate (25mm wide x about 250mm long with a 90 degree twist).

If you haven't got a clearer reply then mine, please let me know and I will send you a photo of the set-up on my car. It is perfectly obvious once you get all the bits in approximately the right place.

I have fitted the reverse lock-out mechanism, but as I left the leather gearstick surround in place, I didn't do it exactly as laid out in the parts book. I just set it up in position & drilled 2 holes in the fibreglass ( through the trim) and bolted it in place with 2 x 6mm bolts & nuts.

If there are other things that I can help you with, email me at roblee2@chariot.net.au or visit my website at www.geocities.com/alpinesau

Robert Lee
Répondre

Retourner vers « Alpine A110 »