A110 non-French speaking thread

Discussions générales sur toutes les Alpine NG , presse et édia
General discussions about all Alpine A110 NG versions, press and media
Répondre
Monoposto
Pilote amateur
Pilote amateur

Re: A110 non-French speaking thread

Going off of the article. 1955 are sold and they have orders for 5000 more. Then we have almost 7000 cars ordered!?
ChronoGPS
Pilote expert
Pilote expert

See this topic :

viewtopic.php?f=80&t=36795

Around 6200 is probably the truth
Jérôme P.
Pilote expert
Pilote expert

No, from Alpine sources it is a little bit more that 4 700 orders so far, including past and present deliveries :
https://news.autoplus.fr/Alpine/A110/al ... 29068.html
Peiclet
Pilote expert
Pilote expert

Jérôme P. a écrit :No, from Alpine sources it is a little bit more that 4 700 orders so far, including past and present deliveries :
https://news.autoplus.fr/Alpine/A110/al ... 29068.html
Any female buyer up to now (having purchased it on her own and not jointly with husband/boyfriend as in the aforementioned press release?

Au fait, ya deja des "Alpilinettes" (je veux dire clientele feminine) qui ont achete la PE indivduellement (decision non en couple comme ci-dessous) vu que le forum est tres masculin ??

"Particularité de la nouvelle Alpine, la décision d'achat se fait souvent en couple, d'après Régis Fricotté : l'A110, "ce n'est pas le plaisir de conduite égoïste, mais quelque chose de partagé".
Alpinement votre
Jérôme P.
Pilote expert
Pilote expert

Yes, a female friend of one of my fellow Porsche forum member has ordered a PE.
Oui, une amie de l'un des membres de mon forum Porsche a commandé une PE.
Bcr1548
Pilote amateur
Pilote amateur

Test drove the A110 today. As I have a Cayman 981S and have driven a 718 and an Evora 410 (a contender to replace the 981) - I'll compare and contrast. I only had about at 20-25 minute drive so I can't say my conclusions are final - but some initial impressions surprised me (mostly good)

First impressions - well actually I've sat in one before, so they aren't new. As others have said the interior isn't as aesthetically pleasing as my Cayman (and I prefer the Lotus interior too - though that is a much style as perceived quality). On the plus side the controls in the Alpine are better placed and for the most part ergonomically superior to the Cayman. The handbrake and heater controls spring to mind - and talking of springs the Alpine indicators don't suffer from the low rent springy feel that the Caymans do. I also prefer the paddles on the steering column rather than the wheel (as is the case with the Cayman) - but doubtless others will take a different view.

While on the interior I thought both the telematics display and the changing instrument display with mode were a bit of a gimmic I could do without (though the boost display did allow me to make some judgement about turbo lag)

But what's it like to drive?

First off, at low speeds, the ride is pretty STIFF and jiggly (first surprise) - much more so than my Cayman with its PASM set to Normal - indeed much like the Cayman PASM set to Sport. That impression changes as speed rises, though I'd still say that the Cayman in PASM Normal is at least as comfortable. However there is always the underlying feeling that the Alpine suspension has more travel to play with. The roads weren't bad enough to really form a final conclusion.

The next thing that strikes you (big time) is the agility - in a completely different league to the Cayman. It is often said that a Caterham steers using the power of thought - the Alpine comes closest in my experience. Some think the Alpine steering is too light - personally I thought it just right - and superior to my 981 . Re a 718 with Power Steering Plus I tried - perhaps not as good feel as the 718, but close. Certainly the steering was better than I expected from what I had read. In truth it is quite difficult to separate the steering response from the response of the chassis - which is outstanding.

Others have said the gearbox is inferior to PDK, and I didn't try the automatic modes long enough to be sure. In manual it was as quick and smooth as PDK in Normal mode - definitely better than expected.

The engine is engaging. There is, in truth, as much lag as a 718 - a bit disappointing however the fact that boost is not so great and that the gearing of the Alpine is MUCH lower means the impact is less. The engine makes nice noises (imO) and on boost, odd noises apart, you really would be hard to tell it was a turbo at all. It revs very freely to beyond 6000 rpm. Completely different (imo) to the 718.

I didn't get extending experience at motorway speeds, but I am inclined to believe the car is quieter than the 981 over course surfaces (an achilles heel of the 981). Others have suggested that stability at speed may be an issue. There was no wind and stability was absolutely fine for me. Didn't (obviously) get a chance to assess at 3 figure + speeds.

Down in the noise - I have seen some suggestion that the Aircon is not very powerful. The problem to me (such as it is) is that the central vents are non-adjustable and are pointed at the "transmission" tunnel. Actual output (temperature was 30+C) seems fine and not an issue if you angle the outside vents carefully.

Conclusion?

It's bloody fantanstic! Most fun I've had in ages - possibly ever (in a car, you understand) - a Caterham may just shade it - but only in a narrow window of circumstances. An Elise has better steering - but I'd pick the Alpine over it. It's engaging at legal speeds in a way a Cayman never is.
Jérôme P.
Pilote expert
Pilote expert

Great report, thanks for it Bcr1548 ! :D
Didz
Pilote novice
Pilote novice

Thanks for your feedback, bcr. It's good to see the comparision by someone owning the Porsche.
Yours should be delivered very soon now, no ?
Hope you will post some pictures, though.
Peiclet
Pilote expert
Pilote expert

Shot in Northern Scotland (Credit to RRG UK)
Prises en Ecosse du Nord (Merci RRG R.U.)

https://www.press.alpinesportscars.co.uk/gallery/images

Alpinement votre
Peiclet
Pilote expert
Pilote expert

First A110 handover in the UK
Premier transfert A110 au Royaume-Uni

Alpinement votre
Fantomas
Pilote débutant
Pilote débutant

Peiclet a écrit :First A110 handover in the UK
Congrats !
I am quite surprised that Alpine are mixed with Dacias though. The message was clearly to have separate entities in France, although they might be just next to each other. At least that's the way I understood.
Bcr1548
Pilote amateur
Pilote amateur

I think it would be difficult to justify a genuinely separate showroom in the UK - there are only just over a 100 customer PEs spread across 7 dealerships. In France, with so many more cars sold it is more reasonable to insist on a really separate showroom. If the brand becomes much stronger in the UK the situation may change.
Peiclet
Pilote expert
Pilote expert

That is correct. Only 104 PE have been sold in the UK. Hard to recoup one's investment with such small number but perhaps that will change with Pure/Legend depending on overall demand.
Alpinement votre
Toitoine
Pilote amateur
Pilote amateur

More than 104 PE were produced for UK...
Braemar
Pilote
Pilote

Congratulations!

Think that one was the 1st at that dealership, there have been other hand overs last week and the week before - think it’s going to be busy until the end of the month.

In Manchester the showroom is separate but the handover bay is shared with Renault.
Bcr1548
Pilote amateur
Pilote amateur

Toitoine a écrit :More than 104 PE were produced for UK...
Yes but only 104 for customers as I understand it. The remainder are dealer (or press?) cars.
Braemar
Pilote
Pilote

That would make sense

104 customer cars
7 Centres ..4 cars each 28 ( 3 showroom and 1 demo)
8 press cars

Update , there are at least 4 Press cars, Evo, Autoexpress , Whatcar and HarryVids all showing different AL*PNE plates cars this week.
Didz
Pilote novice
Pilote novice

Sorry Peiclet, but that's not the first handover in UK.
There's been several since early August.
Below might be the first one beginning of August, not sure the customer 's name is a fake, though...(surprise :mrgreen: ) :

https://twitter.com/martins_group/statu ... 87906?s=09

Few other deliveries on their twitter account. :wink:
Didz
Pilote novice
Pilote novice

Bcr1548 a écrit :
Toitoine a écrit :More than 104 PE were produced for UK...
Yes but only 104 for customers as I understand it. The remainder are dealer (or press?) cars.
Toitoine is very well informed. He gives us regular and accurate infos. :wink:
Jérôme P.
Pilote expert
Pilote expert

Didz a écrit :

Below might be the first one beginning of August, not sure the customer 's name is a fake, though...(surprise :mrgreen: ) :

https://twitter.com/martins_group/statu ... 87906?s=09
Probably not, McAlpine is quite a common surname of scottish ancestry, nice touch though !!
Répondre

Retourner vers « Alpine A110 NG »