Forum dédié aux Alpine A310 L4 et V6
Forum dedicated to Alpine A310 L4 and V6
Répondre
Number 6
Pilote
Pilote

The 'in between' A310 4 Cylinder 1600 - EX Factory Build

To whom this might be of interest...

My car is a 1973 A310 'VF' 1600 4 Cylinder.
'Carrosserie' Number ('Body 'Number) is 21008 VE body with a VF Serial Number
Chassis Plate Number is 0957. VF Chassis with a VE(?) Serial Number
The engine number is 844-34.
This is 'as per original' factory build!!
The gearbox I suspect is original but I'll need to check for you when I get back underneath!
The colour code number 7 Gris Montebello Metallise (I may need to confirm that number though).
It's also a Swiss specification model too - Heated Windcreen.

Curiously, the car has a rather unique set of stripes painted on it and I'm not sure if that happened whilst in Switzerland or here in New Zealand
Was imported to New Zealand in 1986.

A curios feature - Although it is a 'VF' model, it doesn't have the original fuel injection system (but twin '45 DCOE Webbers' instead - aftermarket modification) but has a VE body....
Air intakes (NACA Air Ducts) are are at the Windscreen End (VE) NOT at the Head Light end (VF and VG) models.
Does anyone else have, what I would term 'An Interim' version - between the VE 1973 and the VF 1974 models???
Would like to know how many were made and what other differences these versions have that are unique.

Any information of previous owners (only if they're willing to let me know) or any history prior to New Zealand.
You'll find pictures of my Alpine A310 in the 'Alpine Registry' https://www.registrea310.net/registry - It the one with the Groovy Stripes and under the 'Serial Number' of 21008

Cheers,
John
Ief1966
Pilote semi-pro
Pilote semi-pro

Re: The 'in between' A310 4 Cylinder 1600 - EX Factory Build

Hello,

Thank you for this long presentation of your car.

The first series of injection-models kept the VE-body, with the air intakes at the windscreen. This seems to be the case until serial number 21184 and all these cars belong to the model year 1973. Unless exception, all these cars were 'export' models for Italian, Swiss, German,... market. The French market version started with model year 1974 and the modified body with the air intakes at the front.

Some elements in the interior, although modified, also confirm the 1973 definition (the switches for the electric windows, e.g.).

21008 is clearly a VF-serial number (chassis) and 957 a body number (carrosserie), and not the other way round, when I compare with other numbers known to me.
For example : VF 21042 has body number 994 and is a 1973-model for the German market / VF 21110 has body number 1122 and is a 1973-model for the Italian market. Both cars have NACA air intakes at the windscreen.

Hope this helps you.

Kind regards,

Ief1966
Alpine Renault berlinette 1600 SX - 12/1976
Alpine A110 Première Edition - 11/2018
PassionAlpine
Pilote semi-pro
Pilote semi-pro

[quote="Number 6" post_id=523409 time=1678926815 user_id=17196]
To whom this might be of interest...

My car is a 1973 A310 'VF' 1600 4 Cylinder.
'Carrosserie' Number ('Body 'Number) is 21008 VE body with a VF Serial Number
Chassis Plate Number is 0957. VF Chassis with a VE(?) Serial Number
The engine number is 844-34.
This is 'as per original' factory build!!
The gearbox I suspect is original but I'll need to check for you when I get back underneath!
The colour code number 7 Gris Montebello Metallise (I may need to confirm that number though).
It's also a Swiss specification model too - Heated Windcreen.

Curiously, the car has a rather unique set of stripes painted on it and I'm not sure if that happened whilst in Switzerland or here in New Zealand
Was imported to New Zealand in 1986.

A curios feature - Although it is a 'VF' model, it doesn't have the original fuel injection system (but twin '45 DCOE Webbers' instead - aftermarket modification) but has a VE body....
Air intakes (NACA Air Ducts) are are at the Windscreen End (VE) NOT at the Head Light end (VF and VG) models.
Does anyone else have, what I would term 'An Interim' version - between the VE 1973 and the VF 1974 models???
Would like to know how many were made and what other differences these versions have that are unique.

Any information of previous owners (only if they're willing to let me know) or any history prior to New Zealand.
You'll find pictures of my Alpine A310 in the 'Alpine Registry' https://www.registrea310.net/registry - It the one with the Groovy Stripes and under the 'Serial Number' of 21008

Cheers,
John
[/quote]

Dear John, and Number 6
Your car is an authentic VF known in our register Amicale A310 4 cylindres , one of the first built in 1973 , its seems that the VF serial numbers began on 20900, may be some rare were manufactured before , nobody can prove it , an half-century later. The first VF launched in the first semester 1973 ,had the VE bodies , the new VF body was for the car year "1974" . At this time , the car year was from the 1 st of October to the next 30 Th September. The first serial number VF for the car year 1974 was n° 21185.
A lot of VF lost their injection system ,changed by Weber . As a matter of fact, Injection system D Jectronic was too new in this time , and due to a lack of (in)formation, the mechanical networks were afraid of this new system :!: People prefered carburators...This is an economical system, which operates very well when you maintain it in good conditions !
This year , amicale A310 4cylindres celebrates the 50 th birthday of the VF version with its Djetronic system.
Half of the A310 4cylindres production was exported.Mainly in Europe .Some of them are now inJapan , USA and NZ , Australia because of the passion for this model.
Congratulations for your passion :!:

Best 4 cylinders regards
PassionAlpine, Président de l'Amicale Alpine A310 4 cylindres
A310 VF 1974
A310 V6 GIV 1977
A310 V6 1978
V6 GTA 1985 2,8 injection
Marcus04
Pilote pro
Pilote pro

Ça serait sympa que ce soit traduit lors de la diffusion des messages etrangers pour que tout le monde puisses en profiter !
J'avoue que moi je zappé car je capte rien
Je sais ! Y'a Google traduction ! Mais c'est aussi valable pour ceux qui écrivent !
Marcus04
Partager sa passion et son savoir prolonge la vie de nos Alpines
PassionAlpine
Pilote semi-pro
Pilote semi-pro

Cher Marcus04 :wink:

bon... pour résumer: notre alpiniste A3104 cyl néo zélandais se pose la question de savoir si sa VF 1973 avec une caisse de VE , montée de carbu weber 45 est authentique :?:
Nous lui répondons que oui car , son num 20900 correspond bien à VE 73 , modèle lancé au premier semestre 1973 .
Dautre part , avec un 844 34 , c est bien une injection qui a été équipée en carbu .
Cette voiture a des origines suisses visiblement , normal, les normes antipollution etait plus drastiques dans ce pays d où l importation dès 1973 de ces autos .Il en fut de même plus tard avec la V6 "suisse" équipée d un bazar antipollution qui m impressionne toujours :wall: :wall: :wall:
Jen profite pour rappeler que lAmicale A310 4cylindres célèbrera les 50 ans de la version VF cette année, nombre furent carburisées, mais nombre ont encore ou se ré-équipent avec leurs DJetronic , sans compter certains A310 4 cylindristes qui greffent des injections modernes donnant encore plus de souplesse et de performances.Décidemment soixante ans plus tard, notre cleon 1600 a plus d un tour dans son chapeau , "chevaux à volonté " comme le disait la pub de 1973 :!:

voilà un peu où nous en sommes.Beaucoup d etrangers ayant une 4 cyl se sont mis au Français et le maitrisent parfaitement ...Ce n est pas encore la cas partout . :wink:
Bonne continuation
au plaisir
A310 VF 1974
A310 V6 GIV 1977
A310 V6 1978
Ove
Pilote semi-pro
Pilote semi-pro

Hi,

the first 1600VF had the number 20939 in may 1973 (see workshop manual).
As our president you should know that by heart. :wink:

"Ove"
1600VE de '72
Marcus04
Pilote pro
Pilote pro

PassionAlpine a écrit : 17-avr.-2023 21:44 Cher Marcus04 :wink:

bon... pour résumer: notre alpiniste A3104 cyl néo zélandais se pose la question de savoir si sa VF 1973 avec une caisse de VE , montée de carbu weber 45 est authentique :?:
Nous lui répondons que oui car , son num 20900 correspond bien à VE 73 , modèle lancé au premier semestre 1973 .
Dautre part , avec un 844 34 , c est bien une injection qui a été équipée en carbu .
Cette voiture a des origines suisses visiblement , normal, les normes antipollution etait plus drastiques dans ce pays d où l importation dès 1973 de ces autos .Il en fut de même plus tard avec la V6 "suisse" équipée d un bazar antipollution qui m impressionne toujours :wall: :wall: :wall:
Jen profite pour rappeler que lAmicale A310 4cylindres célèbrera les 50 ans de la version VF cette année, nombre furent carburisées, mais nombre ont encore ou se ré-équipent avec leurs DJetronic , sans compter certains A310 4 cylindristes qui greffent des injections modernes donnant encore plus de souplesse et de performances.Décidemment soixante ans plus tard, notre cleon 1600 a plus d un tour dans son chapeau , "chevaux à volonté " comme le disait la pub de 1973 :!:

voilà un peu où nous en sommes.Beaucoup d etrangers ayant une 4 cyl se sont mis au Français et le maitrisent parfaitement ...Ce n est pas encore la cas partout . :wink:
Bonne continuation
au plaisir

super!
merci pour ce retour avec traduction, Amicale au top!, merci pour tout ce que vous faites pour notre passion commune
Marcus04
Partager sa passion et son savoir prolonge la vie de nos Alpines
PassionAlpine
Pilote semi-pro
Pilote semi-pro

[quote=Ove post_id=526424 time=1681796332 user_id=612]
Hi,

the first 1600VF had the number 20939 in may 1973 (see workshop manual).
As our president you should know that by heart. :wink:

"Ove"
[/quote]

ove
bonjour
on dit 20939 "officiellement " mais il semblerait qu il existe qques exemplaires de VF qui ont un numero de serie antèrieur? prototype :?: pré-série :?:
toujours un mystère à résoudre....
Bonne journée Ove :wink:
A310 VF 1974
A310 V6 GIV 1977
A310 V6 1978
Number 6
Pilote
Pilote

Greetings fellow Alpine owners.

Thank you for the kind response(s) to my first ever communication to the FAR website (and too ALL it members)
And I do wholly apologise far my lack of the French language.
Here I am in New Zealand born here to parents from the Netherlands - Don’t speak a word of Dutch.
Work for Whakaata Maori (Maori Television) – and barely speak a word of Te Reo ‘Maori’.
And to top that off… I have an Alpine-Renault and know nothing of the French Language!!

Google Translate here I come…

The ID plate that’s riveted to the actual chassis (just on the right-hand front wheel ‘well’ passenger side chassis member) is stamped 0957. This I assumed was just the Chassis Number as it’s attached to an actual chassis. It was my distinct impression that the Chassis Number and Serial Number would be the same. But hey, this anomaly is what potentially makes 21008 rather unique.
Fuel Injection has been replaced be a lovely set of Webbers. However, I did find the Fuel Injection Computer (and what was left of its wiring loom) still there buried in the passenger side under a false panel.

And here in lies the real question: It’s the electrical wiring of this version of A310 that has me a little worried. On the face of it. VE wiring with the ‘add on’ wiring of the VF Fuel Injection system. None of the service manuals seem to cover this fusion of VE and VF in a single wiring diagram.

During my ‘refurbishment’ of this car, I discovered that there was, historically, an electrical fire that consumed (Melted, more like!!) part of the wiring, which included part of the Fuel Injection loom, to the motor.
Have since cleared all evidence is any suspect wires and managed to ‘fire up’ (not and appropriate word… considering the Alpine once did catch fire) the motor for the first time in decades. And what a lovely sound it is too.

Will let you ALL know how the ‘refurbishment’ goes.
Please do ask any questions you may have. I’m very happy to tell ALL on the journey of 21008 / 0957 A310 VF (or is it a VF in disguise?)

Be seeing you.

And for the lovely French speaking members: Hope it all makes some sort of sense ;)

Salutations à tous les propriétaires d'Alpine.

Merci pour vos aimables réponses à ma toute première communication sur le site Web des FAR (et aussi sur TOUS ses membres)
Et je m'excuse entièrement pour mon manque de langue française.
Me voici en Nouvelle-Zélande, né ici de parents néerlandais. Je ne parle pas un mot de néerlandais.
Travaillez pour Whakaata Maori (Télévision Maori) – et parlez à peine un mot de Te Reo « Maori ».
Et pour couronner le tout… J'ai une Alpine-Renault et je ne connais rien à la langue française !!
Google Translate, j'arrive…
La plaque d'identification qui est rivetée sur le châssis lui-même (juste sur le membre de châssis côté passager de la roue avant droite) est estampillée 0957. J'ai supposé qu'il s'agissait simplement du numéro de châssis car il est attaché à un châssis réel. J'avais la nette impression que le numéro de châssis et le numéro de série seraient les mêmes. Mais bon, c’est cette anomalie qui rend potentiellement le 21008 plutôt unique.
L'injection de carburant a été remplacée par un bel ensemble de Webbers. Cependant, j'ai trouvé le calculateur d'injection de carburant (et ce qui restait de son faisceau de câblage) toujours enfoui du côté passager sous un faux panneau.
Et c’est là que réside la vraie question : c’est le câblage électrique de cette version de l’A310 qui m’inquiète un peu. Toute en face. Câblage VE avec le câblage « supplémentaire » du système d’injection de carburant VF. Aucun des manuels d'entretien ne semble couvrir cette fusion de VE et VF dans un seul schéma de câblage.
Lors de ma « remise à neuf » de cette voiture, j'ai découvert qu'il y avait, historiquement, un incendie électrique qui a consumé (fondu, plutôt !!) une partie du câblage, qui comprenait une partie du faisceau d'injection de carburant, jusqu'au moteur.
Depuis, j'ai éliminé toutes les preuves de câbles suspects et j'ai réussi à « allumer » (un mot inapproprié… étant donné que l'Alpine a déjà pris feu) le moteur pour la première fois depuis des décennies. Et quel beau son c'est aussi.
Vous fera TOUS savoir comment se déroule la « rénovation ».
Veuillez poser toutes les questions que vous pourriez avoir. Je suis très heureux de TOUT raconter sur le voyage du 21008 / 0957 A310 VF (ou est-ce une VF déguisée ?)

Je te verrai.

Well, That's Google Translate for you.
Répondre

Retourner vers « Alpine A310 L4, Alpine A310 V6 »