Parlons Entretien courant et vie pratique
Talk about Maintenance
Répondre
Meonstoke
Pilote
Pilote

Perspex front window deflectors?

Hi,

I'm new to the forum as have only recently picked up my Legende GT. I see there is a lot of friendly and good advice from owners of the A110. I think the car is great, and yes there are some well documented downsides such as lack of storage space and the weak infotainment system - but I can find ways around those weak points. The car is very easy to drive and handles great, and it's quite quiet for a performance sports car - also on the motorways / autobahn's etc if you are in "normal" mode.

However, I've come across another weak point which I only discovered after driving the car, and that is the wind noise and wind buffeting whenever you have the front windows lowered when driving at any speed above 45 KPH. Compared to my ordinary daily driver, it's really quite bad. I find it a shame as I like to have the window lowered when it's a nice sunny day and I am driving casually on a small road at say 80 KPH.

Hence, I started to wonder if fitting a plastic / perspex window deflector might be the answer? Has anyone done this with the A110 or are there any other solutions to overcome this weak point?

M.
Jérôme P.
Pilote expert
Pilote expert

Re: Perspex front window deflectors?

Meonstoke a écrit : 13-août-2021 22:45 Hi,

I'm new to the forum as have only recently picked up my Legende GT. I see there is a lot of friendly and good advice from owners of the A110. I think the car is great, and yes there are some well documented downsides such as lack of storage space and the weak infotainment system - but I can find ways around those weak points. The car is very easy to drive and handles great, and it's quite quiet for a performance sports car - also on the motorways / autobahn's etc if you are in "normal" mode.

However, I've come across another weak point which I only discovered after driving the car, and that is the wind noise and wind buffeting whenever you have the front windows lowered when driving at any speed above 45 KPH. Compared to my ordinary daily driver, it's really quite bad. I find it a shame as I like to have the window lowered when it's a nice sunny day and I am driving casually on a small road at say 80 KPH.

Hence, I started to wonder if fitting a plastic / perspex window deflector might be the answer? Has anyone done this with the A110 or are there any other solutions to overcome this weak point?

M.
Hi, it has already been discussed here : https://forum.alpinerenault.com/viewtop ... 34#p480034
But unfortunately no known solution…
Meonstoke
Pilote
Pilote

Re: Perspex front window deflectors?

Thanks Jerome for sharing the link, appreciated.

I'll do a bit of digging to see if I can find a company who makes 'custom made' wind deflectors. Probably doubtful but I'll give it a go!

I'm scrolling my way through the various forum topics - I must say there is a lot of good content and ideas shared. It's also nice to see the FAR forum well organised by grouping topics under main subject-areas, such as mechanics, electrics, etc. Although I do 'hope' the myth of French car electrics is just that, a myth! :wink:

Actually, I do have some Renault "history", having chosen a metallic blue 16V Chamade as my first company lease car many, many, years ago! It was a great looking and performing car at a time when Williams were the Kings of F1. As a young guy I was really proud and enjoyed driving that car and had no issues at all. And also via my father who later in his life when retired ended up having a whole series of usually ageing Renaults to keep him motoring - and I must say he had nothing but praise for his Renaults (his favourite was the '18' model), and especially the engines. Somewhere along the way he must have picked up on the fact a number of other car manufacturers also made use of a Renault engine and tweaked them further, such as Volvo for example. This of course only reinforced his positive impression of the marque. In fact, it became a bit of a running family joke to mention and to wind him up with..."did you know that this engine is actually based on the Renault engine!" Immediately, his eyes would light up and he'd nod re-affirmingly ... hilarious!

Mind you, I forget to give the context, he was a natural born mechanic / engineer who never needed a manual to strip down anything mechanical; and a damn good and well coordinated driver to boot! When driving my Porsche 944 back up from Glasgow to Oban (after repairing a failed clutch on New Year's Eve - very bad timing!) I just couldn't shake off the old man (who'd chaperoned me down to Glasgow) along those tight and twisty Scottish Highland roads in his beat-up Renault 18 stationwagon...

Respect to the old man.
Répondre

Retourner vers « Alpine A110 NG - Entretien courant, vie pratique »