Trackday refrigeration: Engine cover put on or off?

Parlons Mécanique, chassis, carrosserie, pneus
Talk about Mechanics, chassis, body, tyres
Répondre
Blair
Pilote novice
Pilote novice

Trackday refrigeration: Engine cover put on or off?

Hello everyone!!

Possibly this is a issue well known and already discused in this forum. In fact I think that I read about to leave the engine cover put on to improve engine bay refrigeration.

But if you are so kind, I would like to open a thread to get answers based in track experience by A110 owners.

This summer my A110 Pure will hit Nurburgring and Circuito Ricardo Tormo in La Pista en Bleue event from Alpine.

The discussion consists of if remain installed, or not, the engine cover.

I know that A110 Cup and A110 Rally does not have this cover installed; but I guess that these cars has another extra modifications that need the removal of the engine cover.

Can you describe your experiencies with heat/temperatures in trackday related to use or no the engine cover? Always based in stock, street cars.

If any MP-Rezeau tecnician can give us some tips about it, it will be great =)

A lot of thanks!

Greetings from Spain. :bienvenue
Grand utilisateur de Google Translate
Dazul
Pilote débutant
Pilote débutant

Re: Trackday refrigeration: Engine cover put on or off?

Only thing I do on track day is removing the little things in front the front wheels, to allow better cooling of the brakes. Other than I let everything on the car as is.

However, I do not try to do endurance. I do 20 minutes sessions. And at the end of each session, before stopping, I always do a cooling lap, driving slower than normal (for what is normal on track), where I try to run the engine slower, ~3000 rpm and trying to avoid as much as possible using the brakes.

And then I do a break of ~30 minutes to cool and re-hydrate the driver.

I never got an issue, and I did 2 track days this year, each time +30°C.
Blair
Pilote novice
Pilote novice

Hello Dazul,
The Alpine event in Cheste will be based in 20 minutes sessions; so what you do is currently my "el plan".
About the plastic things in front of the wheels, are they easy to be removed? Can they will be re-installed after the trackday?
Thank you!
Grand utilisateur de Google Translate
Dazul
Pilote débutant
Pilote débutant

Yes, they can be removed using s screwdriver. A torx one if I remember correctly. They are attached using 3 screws each.

Just be careful to reattached the screws on the car, as the plastic covers around the wheels are also attached with the same screws.
Répondre

Retourner vers « Alpine A110 NG - Mécanique »